BOSMC Orthopaedic Research
THE RESEARCH GROUP
Our BOSMC Researchers work collaboratively to conduct innovative, cutting-edge orthopaedic research. Our mission is to advance evidence-based medicine to improve patient outcomes and treatment options.
Our multi-displinary research team have established a number of strategic research partnerships with leading research centres, including the Surgical and Orthopaedic Research Laboratories from the University of New South Wales (UNSW), the Queensland University of Technology (QUT), the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences from the University of Queensland (UQ), and the Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology from the University of Queensland (UQ).
This research network enhances BOSMC research leading to positive patient outcomes.
AREAS OF CURRENT RESEARCH
- Soft Tissue Graft Fixation in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction.
- The Pattern of Movement of the Total Knee Replacement Prothesis Post-Operatively.
- Immediate Post-Operative Pain Relief after Unilateral and Bilateral Total Knee Replacement.
- Meniscal Preservation and Meniscal Repair Failure.
- Improved Shoulder Reconstruction for the professional and semi-professional athlete.
- Energy Expenditure at Pre-Operative and Post-Operative Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- Clinical Outcomes of Meniscal Transplant.
- Clinical Outcomes of High Tibial Osteotomy.
- The Development and Clinical Outcomes of a Novel Load Absorber Device for Medial Compartment Knee Osteoarthritis.
- Muscular Atrophy and Recruitment Patterns Following Hip Arthroscopy Surgery.